Development (Fundraising) Intern
Common Sense Society (CSS) is an international network that champions the values of liberty, prosperity, and beauty, which are crucial for human achievement and happiness. Operating in North America and Europe, we educate 21st-century generations and inform public discourse. Our offerings include fellowships, educational resources, publications, public events, civic projects, and targeted media campaigns, all aimed at highlighting the timeless ideas that have positively shaped human history.
The Common Sense Society internship program is a competitive professional development opportunity for college students and young professionals interested in the nonprofit sector. Over the course of our program, interns will gain valuable experience and insight working with our talented and energetic team. We are a small platoon with an ambitious mission, and your work as a CSS intern will have a direct impact on our success as an organization. Interns will have the opportunity to take on special projects, attend events tailored to their interests, and participate in weekly class discussions led by our staff and senior fellows. Internships come with a $50 weekly commute stipend and are an excellent foundation for a successful career.
- All interns are expected to report to our Old Town Alexandria office;
- Interns are expected to work Monday through Friday from 9:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., but hours worked can be flexible to serve the intern’s educational and professional goals;
- Current student or recent graduate with at least a 3.0 GPA;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel;
- Interns are expected to bring their own computers.
The CSS Development intern will be responsible for assisting with prospect research (individuals, foundations, and corporations) preparing donor dossiers, drafting correspondence and development materials, providing support for event planning, reviewing database entries, and other tasks as needed.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong writing and research skills
- Database experience preferred