Membership Program Manager
Common Sense Society (CSS) seeks an energetic, creative, and organized professional to fill the position of Membership Program Manager. The ideal candidate will value excellence and teamwork in implementing a world-class membership program for a growing international organization. The position reports to the Director of Development and is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
• Serve as primary liaison between CSS and CSS members
• Build and maintain relationships with CSS members and assist the Director of Development with member communications
• Draft and implement a membership engagement plan
• Develop innovative and creative membership concepts targeted at prospective and existing CSS audiences to grow and maintain CSS membership
• Implement and maintain systems, processes, and procedures to support membership payment, communications, and relations
• Maintain and record accurate data in the constituent records management (CRM) system
• Oversee the management of all member service systems, including monitoring of donations, formal correspondence, membership email inbox, and thank you letters
• Support membership events planning and execution
• Coordinate with the accounting department for internal reporting purposes
Requirements and Qualifications
• Demonstrated commitment to CSS’ mission
• Minimum three years of relevant experience in membership programs, non-profit fundraising, marketing, and/or operations
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on relationship building
• The ability to take initiative to initiate processes and implement new programs.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches
• Willing to travel 20%
Benefits and Compensation
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including health insurance and a retirement matching program. Compensation commensurate with experience.