Director of Events and Operations
Common Sense Society (CSS) seeks an experienced professional for the role of Director of Events and Operations. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to plan and execute events ranging from black tie galas to academic conferences and week-long fellowships in coordination with programmatic staff. This position reports to the Executive Vice President and is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
• Plan and coordinate operational needs with Development, Communications, and Education departments
• Manage CSS office building operations
• Negotiate contracts with a wide variety of vendors
• Provide on-site event management
• Develop and track budgets
Requirements and Qualifications
• Demonstrated commitment to CSS' mission
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Highly organized and detail orientated
• Ability to work on long timelines, problem solve, and maintain focus and demeanor under pressure
• Willing to travel 25%, including internationally
Benefits and Compensation
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including health insurance and a retirement matching program. Compensation commensurate with experience.