Common Sense Society (CSS) seeks an organized and resourceful professional for the role of Communications Associate. The successful candidate will provide research support for campaigns, digital marketing, and other communications products. This position will work closely with other members of the communications department to gather accurate, reputable information from print, digital, and other sources and present the information clearly to other staff members. The Communications Associate will be integral in maintaining the integrity of communications products and will have the opportunity to propose new content and special projects based on personal interest and knowledge. This position reports to the Communications Manager and is remote-based or based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
• Collaborate with other team members and departments to offer support for marketing, events, communications, and other projects
• Conduct research in our issue areas of liberty, prosperity, and beauty to provide data, narratives, and background information for upcoming projects
• Produce and edit a wide range of written materials such as social media content, blog posts, and reports to share research with supervisors and public audiences
• Maintain a working knowledge of current event developments in our issue areas
Requirements and Qualifications
• Demonstrated commitment to CSS' mission
• 1-2 years of experience in communications preferred
• Four-year college degree in history, economics, marketing, communications, or a relevant field to the issue areas of the organization
• Ability to produce high quality work in a face-paced environment with competing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex concepts simply
Benefits and Compensation
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including health insurance and a retirement matching program. Compensation commensurate with experience.