Chief Operating Officer
Common Sense Society (CSS) seeks an experienced professional for the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO). The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead events and programming teams, and manage corporate real estate projects, workplace services, and information technology. From signature events to cyber security, the Operations team ensures operating and capital investment decisions are aligned with strategic objectives, while effectively managing risk and seeking new opportunities to promote CSS’ mission, implement the strategic plan, and measure impact. This position reports to the President and CEO and is based at CSS’ office in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
• Plan and coordinate each department’s operational needs
• Manage CSS office building operations, including an international portfolio
• Manage CSS events and operations team
• Oversee a portfolio of CSS programming
• Oversee procurement with a wide variety of vendors
• Develop and track budgets, provide timely department reporting
Requirements and Qualifications
• Demonstrated commitment to CSS’ mission and core values
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Highly organized and detail orientated
• Ability to both manage long-term projects and deliver on tight timelines, problem solve, and maintain focus and demeanor under pressure
• Willing to travel 15%, including internationally
Benefits and Compensation
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including health insurance, an unlimited vacation policy, and a retirement matching program. Compensation commensurate with experience.